I’m so on the edge about this race. Gregg Abbott needs to lose already.
If you don’t vote you have no right to complain…
I just vote for the lesser of the two evils…
Our ancestors died for you to have the right the vote so…
Well how do we change things if we don’t vote? …
As to that last question: that’s not for me to say. You have to navigate your course through life in this anti-Black country based on your own calculations. But what I can say for sure is this: 99% of every Black historical icon and s/hero that you learned about in high school made it through life without ever casting a vote for president of the United States.
95% of every Black historical role model rolled out for you every February in honor of Black History Month managed to make it into our history books without casting a vote for a US president.
And I feel safe in guestimating that 85% of every Black historical figure you studied in college MADE BLACK HISTORY BEFORE BLACK PEOPLE WERE “ALLOWED” TO VOTE IN 1965.
So let me ask you some questions:
- Did any of the non-voting Black people living in America between 1619 and 1965 have a right to complain?
- Did Black people make any political social educational or economic progress prior to 1965? How?
- Where any Black people involved in political actions prior to the Voting Rights Act of 1965? Such as…?
- What do you do civically, in accordance with your constitutional rights as an American, BESIDES vote?
- Did your grandparents count (remember, they couldn’t vote)?
The political moral to this post is… THIS SHIT IS CHESS, NOT CHECKERS.
I wanna move to New York, London, Berlin, Lagos, or Monaco. Meet amazing people. Learn new languages. Eat all of the amazing food. I’m gonna have such a great time!
What the fuck man! Movies have gotten so graphic!
The movie with Harrison Ford, Gov. Schwarzenegger, and the other olds guys is gonna be great!
Download Milk. I just got a music erection over Iggy Aza…John Legend, Chromeo, in an five minute interval
Goddammit! The future is gonna look so fucking amazing!